Microchanneling is a non-invasive CIT (Collagen Production Therapy) treatment with little to no pain with minimal post treatment discomfort. Although the treatment is non-invasive it does require some preparation and things to consider.
So you’ve scheduled your first appointment!! Here is the pre-treatment information you need to know:
- If you have frequent episodes of cold sores, taking acyclovir or valcyclovir starting one day prior to your microchanneling will reduce the likelihood of a recurrence due to your treatment.
- Discontinue retinol (2% or higher) or tretinoin at least 3 days prior to treatment.
- If your liver, kidneys and immune system are healthy, taking an NSAID such as Ibuprofen before treatment may reduce your discomfort.
- If possible, please arrive at the office without makeup on, and with a clean face.
- If you are being treated for hair loss, please arrive at the office with the shortest haircut possible. Please do not applysprays or gels to your hair prior to your treatment.
Your practitioner will have you fill out a detailed health questionnaire prior to your appointment and will flag any potential contraindications prior to your treatment. Please advise them if you have any concerns or additional questions at that time.
There will be some minimal side effects post-treatment, please see this article for more details. It’s important to be educated on the aftercare and have an understanding that this is not your typical ‘facial’ and that patience is part of the process in order to achieve your results as your skin needs some time to heal and regenerate.
Another common side effect is addiction. Once you see the change in your skin you’re going to want more and more!! Get ready for your skin to transform!!